Irvon are a leading company in the area of cutting, forming and fabrication of steel and alloy plates. It is our policy to manage our activities in such a manner that meets the interests of our customers, employees and business partners. As a company we are committed to the implementation and continued development of an environmental policy in accordance with the ISO 14001: 2004.
Our aims are:
- Comply with applicable legal and other requirements.
- Establish standards of our own where regulations or Codes do not exist.
- Minimise environmental disturbance in all our activities and prevent pollution.
- Make efficient use of natural resources, minimising waste and conserving energy and water.
- Promote environmental awareness and understanding amongst all staff so that their working activities are carried out in line with Irvon Press & Shears’ Environmental Policy; and see their active participation in environmental activities.
- Seek to work with the government professional and industry bodies and academics where appropriate (and take the initiative where necessary) to promote workable and improved Codes of Practice.
- Endeavour to ensure sub-contractors and major suppliers, are aware of, and if possible apply environmental standards compatible to our own.
- Ensure the organisation shall set and regularly review environmental objectives and targets.
Irvon Press & Shears’ Environmental Policy Statement recognises that:
- Irvon Press & Shears’ activities, like all human activities, have some effect on the environment.
- A satisfactory environmental performance is fundamental to a successful business.
Please download a copy of our ISO 14001:2004 Certificate.